Friday, June 8, 2012

Omnibus II is on Kickstarter!

Wow! Big things are happening for Vampwriter Books!

I applied for and got the green light from Kickstarter to raise funds for the P.N. Elrod Lunch Time Reading Omnibus II!

Kickstarter enables a lot of people to contribute funding toward specific creative projects. In my case I want to publish the second book in the Omnibus series. I've a target amount that will pay for editing, interior design, cover art, and all the other details that go into the publication of a professional looking book.

It will be released under my Vampwriter imprint, just like the first volume, and will be available as a print book and in digital format.

People wishing to make this project a reality can contribute varying amounts to the fund using their credit cards and get a thank you reward when the project is a reality and the book published.

NO CHARGE is made on their card at the time of their pledge.

If, after 30 days, the target amount is reached, then the amount they pledged is charged to their card.

If the target amount is not reached, no charge takes place, but you'll have my thanks for trying!

There are five levels of support, ranging from $1.00 - $500.00.

A one dollar pledge is aces with me! I'm grateful for any and all support!

Higher pledges get tangible rewards:

Pledge $10 or more

For a $10.00 pledge, your name will be on a special dedication page with other $10 supporters (alphabetical order). You and 5 friends will get free digital copies of the book.  It says 3 friends on the website, but I've upped it to five!

Pledge $25 or more

For a $25.00 pledge, you get a copy of the print book personally signed to you. Your name will be on a special dedication page with other $25 level supporters (alphabetical order). You and 10 friends will get free digital copies of the book.

Pledge $50 or more

Each $50.00 pledge gets two print copies personally signed to you and/or a friend. Your name will be on a special dedication page with other $50 level supporters (alphabetical order). You and 20 friends will get free digital copies of the book.

Pledge $500 or more

A $500.00 pledge gets 5 print copies personally signed to you and/or to friends to share. Your name will be on a special dedication page with other $500 level supporters.

 A character in one of the stories will be named after you! (Or a person of your choice, providing you have their permission.)

The character may or may not look like you and might or might not behave in an antisocial manner if led there by the plot of the story! I  will call and personally thank you for your participation in this project! You and 30 friends get free digital copies of the book.

-------------------------------------------

This is half experiment--as I've never tried this before!--and half gamble. I'm hoping that enough Vampire Files fans will join in and make it possible for me to complete this book and get it up and selling.

My target deadline for completion is October 2012, but my unofficial deadline is September. If I can haul things together ahead of schedule, I don't think anyone will object!

About 70% of it is complete. The previously published stories are scattered across more than half a dozen different books. I'll bring them together under one title and give them my "director's cut" tweaking.  Writers are always tinkering, and most of you know I'm a bit of a perfectionist, always trying to make it better.

Most of will be tales from the Vampire Files, but there will be some others mixed in.

Best of all, there will be at least one all new Jack Fleming story! It will be one of the longer ones.  

You'll get your money's worth! ;0)

So check it out, maybe share a link on FaceBook! Click on the title to see the page!





No comments:

Post a Comment